DAY 1: Machu Picchu / Back to Cusco.
Pick up from the Hotel; full day Excursion to Machu Picchu, early transfer to the nearby train station to Ollantaytambo for the train journey to the mysterious lost city of Machu Picchu, upon arrival transfer to the Bus Stop for the short ride (25 minutes) up to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Upon arrival, you will participate in a guided tour of the Citadel, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun Dial (the most important preserved Intiwatana), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows, houses, warehouses, a large central square; and all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour you’ll have time to stroll around the Archaeological Site at your leisure.
Opportunity to walk (approx 1 hour) up to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) or climb to the top of Wayna Picchu, with a magnificent view of the whole Sanctuary, return in the afternoon by train to Cusco and transfer to your hotel
Meals Included: None
- Entrance to parks and cultural sights.
- Guided visits and mentioned excursions.
- English speaking guide to accompany visits and excursions.
- All transfers.
- Train tickets Expedition Class.
- Bus round trip from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Alcoholic beverages or bottled water.
- Remember if you want to include the permit to climb Huaynapicchu mountain there are a limited number of spaces available for each day USD $10.00 per person
- Lunch at Aguas Calientes restaurant: add US$ 18 per person
- Lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge restaurant: add US$ 35 per person