The short Inca Trail from KM 104, located at 2,100 meters asl (104 kilometers along the railway from Cusco to Aguas Calientes) and involves a 16 Km. 5 Km walk uphill to Wiñaywayna Inca Complex located at 2700 meters asl in approximatelly 4 hours of spectaculars views and Inca sites enroute connecting the classic trek at at the impressive Wiñaywayna. After lunch a couple of hours of easy walk to Machu Picchu, for many hikkers the best part of the classic trek. (Wiñaywayna means ” Forever Young ” in Quechua, and the place is named after a pink and purple orchids growing around here.)
Farming terraces ( Andenes ) surrounding the whole side of a mountain decorating this ancient Inca castle with temples, buildings and water channels. The stonework is high in quality and fine masonry with a magnificent sequence of fifteen ritual fountain baths. It was a religious centre, probably associated with the ritual worship of water. Chachabamba, Choquesuysuy and Inti-pata are other very interesting Inca Complexes hiding in the middle of the beauty of the mountains and the lower part of the Sub-tropical valley.
We walk to Machu Picchu until “Inti Punku” the sun-gate, have unique views from this mountain top, after 40 minutes you will be on front of this wonder and majestic place for sunset, then we board a private bus to Aguas Calientes town. Spend the night in a comfortable Hotel Viajeros. Next morning early we return to Machu Picchu by bus for a guided tour, visit and explore.
CLASSIC INKA TRAIL 2 DAYS / 1 NIGHT
DAY 1: OLLANTAYTAMBO- KM 104 CHACHABAMBA WIÑAY-WAYNA-MACHUPICCHU-AGUAS CALIENTES.
We leave Cusco 04.00 am from cusco to ollantaytambo train station in our private transport and then we take them our train to Km 104 (chachabamba village) where the trek starts. Upon arrival we visit the ruin of Chachabamba in 2250 masl. Here agricultural product from other areas where collected to be brought to Machu Picchu. Then we begin our walk towards Wiñay Wayna. On the way we have beautiful views of the Urubamba river and the chances are many to see different kinds of the famous orchid family. We turn around the last corner and have the amazing Wiñay Wayna vew below us, we stop to make a visit of this interesting and important inca site.
After a few minutes walking we stop for lunch. In the afternoon we walk the last hours towards Machu Picchu, that we see on a distance from the Inti Punku (Gate of the Sun) in the beautiful afternoon sun before continuing down to Aguas Calientes. We spend the night in a nice hostal in town.
DAYS 2.- MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
After breakfast we will take the bus with direction to archeological site we’ll arrive at Machu Picchu ruins (2400 m). Guided tour of the ruins for approximately 2 hours followed by some time at leisure for lunch. In the afternoon, we take the train back to ollantaytambo train station and we have our transport to return Cusco, upon arrival transfer to cusco . End of services. .
The train departs AguasCalientes late in the afternoon. ( 18:30 pm to Ollantaytambo then a 2 hours transport to Cusco arriving at 22:30 pm approx.
PRICE .- $ 385 USD
- Transfer from your hotel to the Train Station
- Expedition train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for Machupicchu
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Guided visit of Wiñaywayna and Choquesuysuy
- Guided Tour in Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Breakfast 1 Dinner
- 1 snack and soda drink for the 1st Day
- Private room for 2 or 3 people in our hostel Shower and bathroom
- 2 bus tickets (Machupicchu-AguasCalientes -Machupicchu)
- Expedition train return from aguas calientes village to Ollantaytambo train station
- transport return to cusco
- Free safe Storage in Cusco in our office while you are hiking.
What is not included:
- Hot spring pools 10 soles or ( USD $4 )
- Dinner on the 2nd Day
- Drinks snacks or water
- Personal porter (only a day pack necessary)
- Tips for your guide.
- climb up for HuaynaPicchu (you have to add $60 usd).. Remember if you want to include the permit to climb Huaynapicchu mountain there are a limited number of spaces available for each day
We recommend that you bring
- Your Original passport
- Student card ISIC (if applicable.)
- You only need to carry a small day pack
- Water to drink ( 2 liters)
- Rain jacket in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Change of weather gear in rainy season -Dec to Jan
- Hat or cap for the sun
- Sunscrean with sun proteccion
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, runners or sturdy shoes
Students: ISIC CARD $30 usd descount (students require a International Student Identity Card and must be under 26 years of age )